Recruitment opportunities & internships
Do you want to be part of our team?
Discover our different opportunites to work with our brand and grow as an individual, learning about our production and develop on your skills.
WHO WE ARE
Established in 2011, Gillian Arnold is a designer brand. With products ranging from soft furnishings through to jewellery and gifts, we are world-renowned for our upmarket, yet personalised feel achieved through Gillian’s hands-on approach within the company. Gillian uses cuttings of British wildflowers to create her designs, which are pressed and printed onto bespoke products at our Darlington and Bishop Auckland production bases. Gillian Arnold products are supplied to over 150 stockists across the UK as well as some overseas clients, with the option to also purchase through the Gillian Arnold website and in store at one of our boutiques in the North-East of England.
Our success as a business would not have been possible without our staff. Browse our job vacancies and see where you fit in our vision for the future.
Sales and Customer Service Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of our main retail store in Darlington town centre.
This role involves multi tasking and is for an individual who is a passionate, self starter.
Our store is a design led brand creating high end products for a wide range of customers throughout the UK.
- Ensure that customers are given considerate and responsible service throughout their visit.
- Customer Service Experience
- Deal with all inquiries and complaints resolving the issue at the earliest opportunity in a professional manner.
- Have an excellent telephone manner.
- Ensure that targets are achieved and, where possible, exceeded.
- Proven sales and retail experience
- Attract, engage and motivate customers into making purchases in store
- Ensure that all merchandise is correctly priced, price amendments are actioned and all POS is correctly displayed.
- Keep stock on display clean and presentable at all times.
Training & Development
- Assist with store recruitment, new starter inductions, and staff training.
- Work closely with management and other team members
- Retail and Sales experience.
- Excellent Time Management skills.
- Accountancy Skills or experience
- Strong Administration Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- IT skills – Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and social media
-Experience in a retail environment as they will be in charge of the store on a day to day basis
-Strong Customer Service Skills
-Strong communication skills
-Experience with working on Excel
-Ability to work under pressure
-Confident approach towards maximising sales opportunities
-The role will include
-Selling items on the shop floor, social media and sales platforms
-Promoting the brand to key stockists and new leads
-Social media posts
-Working towards targets
-Working with Head Office management to complete tasks
-Managing and training staff
-Occasional lone working
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £20,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Darlington: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Darlington
To apply, please send CV and covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role, and what relevant experience you have.
Work Experience & Internships
We are seeking people with a passion for product design who want to learn more about what goes into the actual producing of home wares, soft furnishings and jewellery. We will guide you through making some of our products that will then go on to be sold in UK retailers throughout the country.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is going into a design led business in the future, you will gain practical hands on experience from a team of artists and designers as well as gaining excellent work experience that will look fantastic on your CV.
If you are interested in either our apprenticeship or internship this would also be a great place to get started, getting to grips with what we do.
Intern Web Developer
“I have had the great opportunity to work with Gillian Arnold. Since being here, the team has been very welcoming in settling me. I can’t recommend Gillian Arnold enough. I didn’t think I was going to fit in at first, but I have and its fantastic. GA has allowed me to portray skills learnt at Teesside University when it came to web design.”
Intern Content and Copywriter
“Being an intern at Gillian Arnold has helped me put forward the skills I’m learning throughout university, into working life. The content I have produced here will be brilliant to use in my portfolio and I’m excited to show future employers what I have done here at Gillian Arnold. I recommend this internship to anyone needing experience.”